Monday, January 16, 2012

Got asked to Winter Formal

I am a waiter in a retirement community. Yesterday at work I was in the kitchen when our hostess yelled "Sean get out here!" A sense of excitement was in her voice that usually wasn't there and I knew at that moment what was happening. I didn't want to go out in the dining room though, I wanted to fix me hair and check how I looked. But my friend Max who works with me insisted that I go out at once.

When I walked into the dining room a beautiful girl was standing there with balloons attached to a red velvet cake. She smiled knowingly "will you go to formal with me?"

A weak "of course" escaped from my lips. I was insanely embarrassed and I could feel my face turn red. I then clumsily put my arm around her and posed for a picture taken by her sister. At this point the residents eating dinner let out small cheers and claps.

She then muttered something about me calling her after work and she was gone. I walked back into the kitchen still in a state of shock and embarrassment. I knew she was going to ask me but I didn't know how. It was a great idea and I like the girl a lot. I just didn't like how I handled the whole thing. I hardly made eye contact with her and could barely speak. 

A week before I played a basketball game in front of 3,000 people in a packed gym but for some reason I got more nervous when a girl asked me to formal in front of cute old ladies. Life is crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment