Thursday, December 22, 2011

Accepted to SMU

Today I got a huge red envelope from SMU with the wonderful news that I had gotten into the school.


Before I go any further let me give you this disclaimer: I get extremely angry when people proclaim what colleges they got into on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. I think it is blatant bragging and it really pisses me off so I have vowed that I am not going to do it. That said I want to gloat somewhere on the internet so I am sorry if anyone reading this is getting upset.


Now onto the good news. The second I tore open the envelope I was relived and excited. I AM GOING TO COLLEGE! It really hit me that I would be leaving San Diego in less than a year. The best news came in a small white card wrapped in a blue ribbon. The letter informed me that I had received a $60,000 scholarship. I had expected to get some money but $15,000 a year in front of my face blew my mind.


All of my hard work in High school has paid of both figuratively and literally. I am proud of this acceptance letter and scholarship even though it is not one of my top schools. Thanks for putting up with my bragging.


If anyone reading this is an alumni or is attending SMU let me know what you think about the school!

No comments:

Post a Comment